17 May 2016

Velvet Dreams....

Evening!
Fancy a little trip to the movies?
Obviously no self respecting cinema is without a velvet chair or two...

Cue Velvet


Scheepjes have designed Velvet to either work hand in hand with their gorgeous Colour Crafter range  or as a stand alone yarn. Named after famous film stars from a bygone era the yarn works up to give the effect of worn velvet. Typical of a much loved ageing cinema. 


100g gives you 300m of yarn that is 100% Premium Acrylic. Now I'm not talking squeaky nasty acrylic here. This is nice stuff! I'm very much a self confessed yarn snob and I love this yarn!
It's machine washable so perfect for projects that are likely to need frequent washing and the recommended hook size is 4mm. 
You can buy Velvet here.

So what to make with this lovely yarn???


I chose a colour palette inspired by this lovely hook I picked up while on holiday earlier in the year. 


And decided to make a colourful cushion!
I'm *almost* finished it. I'll keep you updated on my progress and there'll be a free pattern coming soon as it feels like ages since I shared a pattern :-)

Join me later in the week for a Last Dance on the Beach CAL update.
Til then x


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS