7 Jul 2014

Creative Blog Hop!

I'm so excited to have been invited to take part in this Creative Blog Hop by the lovely Heike from Made with Loops! I do urge to go take a peek at her wonderful blog. Actually...go make a cuppa and settle down for a while as I'm sure once you visit her blog you'll have to tear yourself away!!!

So part of this Blog Hop is to answer 4 questions...I shall do my best!!!

1. What am I working on at the moment?

Eeeeks!!!! Is this the part where I have to confess to a zillion WIPs??? Anyone who knows me can confirm that I start way more projects than I finish! One of my new year goals was to make a dent in the WIP list ;-)
And actually I'm not doing too bad on that score. This year has been a particularly creative one.

My current WIP is a blanket inspired by this photo I saw on pinterest...


Someone had written underneath that it would make a great crochet project and I just had to agree!


It's a very quick project! I started it on Friday and I'm over halfway through already! I find the rhythm of treble crochet stitches extremely soothing. Plus I can watch TV at the same time....win, win!!!

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?

Hmmmm.....that's a tricky one! To be honest I'm not entirely sure! Although I think it's fair to say that most of my projects are bright and cheerful. I just adore colour and love experimenting with different colour combinations.





As you can see...lots of bold and bright colours!

3. Why do I create what I do?

Simple answer.....why not???!!! As long as I can remember I have been creative in one form or another. Papercrafts, painting, drawing....you name it, I've tried it :-)

I was very lucky as a child in that my Mam (real Geordie name for a mother!) used to always foster and develop my creative side. I remember getting all manner of craft kits at Christmas time and spending many a happy hour making stuff.

I guess crochet is an just an extension of that. 

4. How does my creative process work?

Truthfully, usually in a totally disorganised way! I find inspiration from absolutely everything. My phone is filled with pics of completely random things that have inspired me in some shape or form. Nature, industry, texture...it all feeds my creative brain.


It usually starts with an idea. You can practically see the light bulb ping in my brain and then smell the burning of the brain cells whirring into action! I make notes, I sketch...then I try it out. For everything successful idea there are usually five aborted trials. Sometimes I just let things evolve along the way, although this doesn't come naturally. My Virgo brain strives for order all the time!

So that's a little about me!
Hope you enjoyed the little insight into my creativeness.

So in true Blog Hop fashion I now hand the baton over to.....

The very talented Shelley at Spincushions
The truly inspirational Anita at A Creative Dimension

Til next time!
Mx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maria,

    how wonderful to read your post and to find out a little more about you my new found colourful friend.
    I love everything I see on here, your use of colour is simply stunning and I can't wait to see more of your lovely creative creations.

    Hopefully we meet in person one of these days.
    Happy crochet, love Heike xx

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS